Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nice.

So I get this email today, as I'm about to head off to class and give a presentation I've been quite nervous about.

Special UNM Alert - April 19, 2007

UNM police are asking everyone on campus to be especially vigilant.
They
are investigating unspecified threats that have been made in the past
hour. There have also been threatening notes found at several schools
in
New Mexico today. Please report suspicious activity to UNM police at
277-2241.

*************************

This list is used for emergency alerts for the UNM Albuquerque campus.

*************************
Great. As if the idea of speaking in front of a class of undergrads hasn't got me nervous enough. Maybe this is just a test of their warning system?

**UPDATE**
Yeah, everything's fine.

Somebody in an Anthro 150 class went to the bathroom in the middle of a lecture, and came back saying they found this note with a threat on it.

My guess is, somebody had a test that day.

And I didn't die of stage fright either, the presentation went well.

No comments: