Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm sure the cold virus infecting my daughter's nasal cavity is pleased.

I however, couldn't be more pissed.
WASHINGTON - President Bush, in a sharp confrontation with Congress, on Wednesday vetoed a bipartisan bill that would have dramatically expanded children's health insurance.

It was only the fourth veto of Bush's presidency, and one that some Republicans feared could carry steep risks for their party in next year's elections. The Senate approved the bill with enough votes to override the veto, but the margin in the House fell short of the required number.

Democrats unleashed a stream of harsh rhetoric, as they geared up for a battle to both improve their chances of winning a veto override and score political points against Republicans who oppose the expansion.
Meanwhile (heh), I'm waiting to hear (going on two months, now) if we make too much money to get the kid on medicaid. Which I kind of suspect we do.

And really, we don't make that much money, I promise you.

No comments: