Sunday, October 27, 2002

Ahh, Young Love...

I ran across Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About at work (found via Ted Barlow, who is unfortunately on hiatus), and I laughed so hard that I attracted stares from surrounding cubicles.

There are many arguments we have over arguments. 'Who started argument x', for example, is a old favourite that has not had its vigour dimmed by age nor its edge blunted through use. Another dependable companion is, 'I'm not arguing, I'm just talking - you're arguing,' along with its more stage-struck (in the sense that it relishes an audience - parties, visiting relatives, Parent's Evenings at school, in shops, etc.) sibling, 'Right, so we're going to get into this argument here are we?'

Kind of reminds me of the time my husband and I got into a shouting match over who was cooler---Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan. (Which, BTW, was nothing compared to the "Great Vowel Shift" argument, of which I was not a participant.) Ain't we sweet?

No comments: