Wednesday, October 16, 2002

I just liked this.

Tina the Troubled Teen

Tomorrow, I will talk about war for oil.

For instance, Christopher (intrepid reader, woo-hoo!) asks,

Why could we possibly fight this war over oil interests?

I just do not understand this in even the technical sense. I mean, Iraq will not or cannot sell us oil, fine. But other countries in the region do and these countries do not want us to move against Iraq. So...if we did attack Iraq...would we not run the possibility that we would have even fewer people to trade oil with us? I do not really know the ins and outs of the situation. I understand we are an attractive oil trading partner for many of the middle eastern countries but we are certainly not the only one...

Good question. But I am sleepy now and will try to find an answer tomorrow.

No comments: