Sunday, December 15, 2002

Christmas Songs to get drunk and depressed to...

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo (love that name) is taking nominations for favorite Christmas song. I thought I'd get into it in a completely secular way and offer up my choices.

In no particular order:

1. "Happy Birthday" by Mojo Nixon
2. "The Christmas Song" by Tom Leher
3. "Run, Run, Rudolph" by Chuck Berry
4. "Fairy Tale of New York" by The Pogues
5. "Hot Christmas" by Squirrel Nut Zippers
6. "Scrooge" by The Ventures
7. "Good King Wenceslas" by Mojo Nixon (really, that whole album is awesome)
8. "Home on Christmas Day" by Cyndi Lauper
9 "Making Christmas" from the NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS soundtrack
10. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" by The Temptations.

If I had to pick just one it would be "Fairy Tale of New York". That song makes me cry if I think about it too hard. *sniff*

UPDATE: Brian would like to add "Merry Christmas, War is Over" by John Lennon.

UPDATE #2: I has come to my attention that the name of the song is "Happy Christmas (War is Over)". Heh heh. Sorry.

UPDTAE #3: Final consensus...."Happy XMas (War is Over)" I like to be accurate.

No comments: