Monday, August 11, 2003

I'm so glad I don't live in California right now.

I've never liked Californians. Especially the rich ones. They tend to buy vacation homes in Placitas (a very posh little village right outside of Albuquerque. Val Kilmer had a house there.), and drive their SUVs very slowly all over town. I blame California for Albuquerque's recent smoking ban in restaurants. Californians tend to think things like, "Teeny little cigarette...disgusting. Big fat stinky cigar...sexy and cool!"

Their taste in Mexican food is horrible. Too much cilantro. And they never eat green chilie.

However, when I hear things like this...

Schwarzenegger leads the long list of hopefuls, with 42 percent of poll respondents saying there is a good chance they would vote for him.

Also in Schwarzenegger's favor is that 72 percent of respondents think his campaign should be taken seriously. More than half -- 52 percent -- say he would do a better job than a career politician.


I can't help but feel a little bad for them. I mean, the man never even played a politician in a movie!

I think if the citizens of California manage to elect this heart patient govenor, instead of taking an oath of office, the person holding the Bible (or whatever it is they swear you in on) should ask Schwarzenegger, "Govenor, what is best in life?"

To which Conan, I mean the Govenor, would respond, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women!"

No comments: