Sunday, August 01, 2004

Right.

You know, if I were the Bush administration, I would try to keep things like this quieter. I don't think they have the intended reaction.
WASHINGTON - The federal government warned Sunday of possible terrorist attacks against "iconic" financial institutions in New York City, Washington and Newark, N.J., saying a confluence of chilling intelligence in recent days pointed to a car or truck bomb.
It's a good thing all those solders died or had their limbs blown off in Iraq, not to mention all the civilian deaths. Because Americans are sure a lot safer now. Oh, wait, I guess we're not.

This is really the kicker for me, though.
Ridge said it would be up to New York City officials to decide whether to move to the highest level, red. The city has remained on orange since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

The threat potential remains through the Nov. 2 elections, Ridge said.
This does seem to leave the possibility very open for the GOP convention to be held in a cit under code red lockdown. I wonder what that would be like? I truly don't think it could help anything, with all the neocons praising themselves as balloons fall from the ceiling while New Yorkers are afraid in their homes and have to go through security checkpoint after security checkpoint.

Grumble. I'm very sleepy. I'm going to get some coffee and fortifying lunch.

No comments: