Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Beads!

Via First Draft (via Body and Soul), here's a great idea for leftover Mardi Gras beads (I know I have a huge boxful).
OK this is your chance to take action. Yesterday I posted that the Army Corps of Engineers informed officials that they need an additional $6 billion to rebuild the levees for the New Orleans area. Bush is making no promises he will ask Congress for the funds. In fact his point man in NOLA indicated there will not be full funding. Levee funding is presently being decided in Congress. This appropriations bill will be debated after Congress's spring recess.

In that time let's be heard. Let's deliver a message that George Can SEE.

Let's go Wild with Levee Beads.
Send George Bush your beads with the message to fully fund the levees.
Check it out, there's the address, and even a video to help illustrate.

I'm even willing to send out some beads in your name, that's how many I have.

(Not the cool ones though. Lol.)

**UPDATE** Scout at First Draft asks that you send pictures. There's some already, go see. I'm sending mine tomorrow.

No comments: