Monday, July 21, 2008

And now I am hopelessly addicted...


...to Lost.

Yep, that's right, I was the last American to never have seen Lost. For the past few nights I've been watching old episodes streaming (surprisingly good quality, natch)on abc.com. And now I must see them all. It's filled with all the horrible cliche characters from hysterical woman to magical negro, yet somehow I cannot look away.

I'm about halfway through season 2. Please nobody spoil me.

I have just three questions. How come Claire opens her mouth sooo wide when she yells at Charlie? And how come Jack has to punctuate ever single sentence with a little incredulous head nod (very annoying)? And how come Dimples McGee is so hot? You know, asshole guy? Sawyer? Totally hot.

Also, malevolent cloud of cgi dust? Not too scary. But shoeless, muddy, legs soundlesslycreeping though jungle foliage dragging a teddy bear on a string? Somehow completely scary. Like, Bob in your livingroom scary.

By the way, if you don't get that reference then you can't be my friend anymore.

In celebration of me finally joining the rest of the universe in keeping up with a basic pop cultural literacy, I will now complete the Sawyer nickname thingie from months ago.

...and my hilarious Sawyer nickname is apparently "Twiggy." Heh.

No comments: