Basically, the idea is to tell the world 8 facts about your life that you find heart-warming or facts that cheer you up on dark days or some cheesy crap like that. It’s a way to make you feel good about your life, no matter what. The facts can be as random and seemingly innocuous as you wish them to be. I chose 8, because it’s my favourite number.Here's mine.
1. I'm on stage with the band in this video. You can see me and my friend Ginger dancing at several points, most notably giving our best "Hey ho, Let's Go!" at about 1:40.
2. When I was in the ninth grade, I got the high score on the Galaga machine in the lobby of the dollar movie theatre, and it stayed there for the next couple of years!
3. I was born while my parents were in college. My mother, who was in labor for 48 hours, took a psychology final the day after I was born, and aced it. Also, right before her water broke she was bowling. At like 2 a.m.
4. Я говорю на русском языке лучше чем Вы. (Unless you're Natalia, of course, lol.) I started studying Russian in high school because everyone else was taking Spanish, and I just had t be different. Of course, knowing Russian in New Mexico is fantastically impractical. And when your entire father's family is from Cuba and speaks Spanish, well, let's just say I have to explain a lot that the second language I speak is Russian. Yes, Russian. But, funnily enough, my grandfather somehow speaks Polish.
5. On my father's side I'm descended from Generoso Campos-Marquetti, the first black person to hold political office in Cuba. On my mother's side, I'm descended from mob-connected mayor of Philadelphia Frank Rizzo. Oh, and the mob.
6. I know what it's like to get a standing ovation, and to move people in your audience to tears with your performance of words you wrote yourself. Kind of a good feeling.
7. I make stuff. Another good feeling I know is when soneone comes up to you and says "Ooohh, where did you get that?" And then you smile coyly and say, "Oh, this old thing? I made it my own damn self."
8. I get to share my life with my husband and my daughter. Cheezy and cornbally, I know, but there it is. I just can't imagine a happier, funnier, more beautiful, more exasperating, more supportive, and more wonderful pair to call my family.
Serisously, look how great he is.
And look how great she's turning out!
There we go. I tag Goody, Lilo, and Daisy, and whomever else feels so inclined.