Friday, September 27, 2002

Several things, to get me warmed up.

Okay, kids, seems I have a case of blogger's block, so I shall need to get warmed up today

First, apparently there's more to that child beating live on tape! that I first thought. Now, not only are we sensationalizing a family in crisis, but we're maligning a minority culture as well!

Next up, Slate sets it straight about the Rosa Parks comments in the new film Barbershop. Seems two young proto-riolgrrls protested the "back of the bus" policy months before Parks did.

And also, I think the fact that so many states are removing stupid, horrible laws from their books and stupid, horrible wordings from their constitutions is a wonderful thing. It may seem trifling and uber-P.C. to some, but it's the right thing to do.

No comments: