Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This is what is wrong with America.

Someone showed me this thinking I would find it hilarious (which I guess I kind of do). Really, though, I find it terribly sad.



It's like all the bad things about America rolled into one. From stupid newscasts to people buying into corporate hype (seriously, the iPhone is a pretty mediocrity, my cheapo-in-comparison Sidekick does several things it can't) and spending amounts of money that people in most countries won't make in a year on one item, to the woman who thought she could outsmart everyone with 100,000 dollars to the serious misogyny in the comments on Youtube, it's all there.

This is why the terrorists hate us, folks. If the Romans had iPhones before their fall, I'm pretty sure their local newscasts would look something like this.

(Cross-posted from Feministe.)

No comments: