Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's that time of year again

I've been spending the past few weeks negotiating the Kafkaesque descent into absurdity that is the financial aide department at UNM, trying to get everything settled before the semester starts and finding that every time something has the slightest possible potential of getting half-done or going wrong or getting entered into a computer incorrectly or becoming fucked up in any way, it will, and it will be the most spectacular and disastrous possible fuckup that could have happened at that point in time.

Seriously, it's like they're annoyed at me for trying to pay them money.

I think I'm just going down there in my Viking outfit carrying my halberd and screaming Russian at them to see if that makes the process go any more smoothly.

In any case, school starts Monday so I'll be scarce. On an interesting note, my husband is also taking classes this semester, so we'll see how that works. Abs will get to spend a lot of her formative years on a college campus, which is cool, I guess. It's how I grew up, for sure. But I will be scarce probably for awhile.

No comments: