Saturday, August 30, 2008

This semester is already kicking my ass

And it's only been a week. It would help if I weren't sick like I always get at the beginning of every semester (you college kids have lots of germs), or if Abbie weren't sick as well, or if my damned financial aide woes would sort themselves out without my constant babysitting, or if my carpal tunnel arm would stop going all pins-and-needles, or if I had shoes that fit properly, or, well, you get the picture.

There are a thousand blogular things to blog about, but there are so many other bloggers with time that I won't bother writing anything half-assed.

For my own personal use more than anything, here's some awesome YouTubing instead. Think of it as a Friday Random 10, but from Saturday morning, not random, and with videos. And less than ten.



Wanda Jackson - Hardheaded Woman. Via Daisy at Feministe! Also, I love that dress. I would rock that dress.



Rent Soundtrack - Take Me or Leave Me. Yes, I love showtunes. So sue me.



Suzi Quatro - 48 Crash. I've posted this one before, but I really need the energy this would give me lately.



Liam Sullivan - Where Do You Think You're Going In That?. This is what I hear when certain feminist bloggers write certain things. A strawradfeminist, I'm sure, I'm sure.



Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl. While the song is awesome without question, the pro-Maoist fanvid perplexes me. Is it in earnest? (And if so, really? pro-Maoist? Way to exoticise and simultaneously not get another culture, dudes!) Ironic? Ironically in earnest like William Shatner? Not sure. Although I'm pretty sure I spot some clear-eyed gazing in there.



And finally, on a completely different note, Bob Marley - Judge Not. Although I kind of think officially it's The Wailers - Judge Not. In either case, it's advice I should probably take more often.

Well, tonight I'm going to try to clean my house a little, and do some homework (yes, already) and maybe even get some sleep. Wish me luck.

No comments: