Tuesday, December 30, 2003

New Year's Resolution #4: See Better Movies!

In 2003 I managed to hold my gorge down during League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Tomb Raider 2: Cradle of Life, and the phenomenally icky Dreamcatcher, and yet have not seen Lost in Translation, In America (actually from last year, but released in the states in 2003), American Splendor, Winged Migration, or any of the movies on critic's "10 Best of 2003" lists that aren't Return of the King.

This is very bad.

My husband comes from a family that went to the movies once or twice a year, and to popcorny, feel-good movies at that. My family went to the movies every single weekend, often depressing dramas at that. When I married my husband, I swore that mine was the family tradition that would carry on. I really have to try harder. Although I do enjoy a good popcorn flick, for every Pirates of the Caribbean there seem to be seven or eight Shanghai Knights.

Although I did manage to get him to go see Whale Rider with me.

No comments: