Thursday, January 10, 2008

More reasons why Hillary Clinton is not all that great

The other day skippy had this to say about Hillary Clinton.
heaven knows we are not fans of clinton's politics, and have said elsewhere that we would vote for her only if someone shoots us in the head and sneaks into the voting booth with our body and uses our dead arm to pull the lever over her name, a metaphor that would be funny if they still had levers in voting booths.
And I gotta say I agree.

Why? Well, here's a reason. She calculatedly and unashamedly misrepresented Obama's voting record on abortion rights.
What pisses me off is that Clinton and her campaign are smart enough to know better. They know that the ads are huge manipulations of the truth and that Obama is actually an incredibly strong pro-choice candidate. In fact, it’s probably my favorite thing about the guy. So I call bullshit very loudly and indignantly.
Also, she only has two more years of experience in politics than Barack Obama. And I don't think its sexist to suggest that the unelected position of first lady does not count as political experience. In fact, I think it's a little sexist to suggest that it might.

Besides, if she wants to be counted as a member of the Clinton administration, then let's talk about it. Let's talk about their role in the Rwandan Genocide. Let's talk about mealy-mouthed "acts of genocide" sound bites. And then let's talk about the Sudan, and Kenya (in fact, is anyone talking about Kenya?).

I really, really, really hope she doesn't get the nomination.

No comments: