Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Oh, come on.

Okay. Here's the thing.

I found Hillary Clinton's emotional chokeup on TV this morning to be soooo fake. Disgustingly fake.

I mean, come on. It was like she was saying, "I love America so much *choke* that I hate to think what would happen *sob* if you all failed to vote for me! *fans eyes* It would be so sad if I weren't president! Otherwise, I'd have eaten all these carbs for nothing!"

We're supposed to believe that the woman who is lambasted for not being emotional enough coincidentally showed public emotion the day before the next big primary? Right. Hillary Clinton is too Machiavellian for me to believe that.



Am I being mean? I don't think so.

Also, while I'm ranting on the subject, let me just say that I've not so far understood how her Presidency would be some sort of symbolic victory for women. What's the message there? Listen up girls, if your husband is President, notoriously and continually cheats on you, if you don't leave his wandering ass then someday you could be President too! But only if you cry on TV so everyone knows what a sweetheart you really are!

I say no thanks.

No comments: