Monday, June 02, 2008

R.I.P.


Bo Diddley.
Many other artists, including the Who, Bruce Springsteen and Elvis Costello copied aspects of Diddley's style.

Growing up, Diddley said he had no musical idols, and he wasn't entirely pleased that others drew on his innovations.

"I don't like to copy anybody. Everybody tries to do what I do, update it," he said. "I don't have any idols I copied after."

"They copied everything I did, upgraded it, messed it up. It seems to me that nobody can come up with their own thing, they have to put a little bit of Bo Diddley there," he said.
Yes. *Original snarky comment removed. But I'm sure you could guess what it was.*

2 comments:

Daisy Deadhead said...

Ohhhh, this is sad. I hadn't heard, thanks for the news. :(

And don't forget, If you ain't got no money, ain't nobody calls you honey.

Vanessa said...

And how about his multi-racial, multi-gendered band? Awesome.