Monday, November 25, 2002

Plucky the Misanthrope

The more I hear about...well, pretty much anything these days, the more my disgust for human nature increases.

Let me explain. When I was a little kid, I remember seeing a news broadcast concerning the war between Iraq and Iran. Growing up in the 80's (and having a Muslim father) gave me a chance to see alot of Middle East conflict on the news, but a particualr image haunts me to this day.

The image was of an infant and its mother, lying dead in the street from poision gas. I seem to remember it was an Iranian mother and child, but that doesn't really matter. I remember being horrified, and glad that such stupid acts of hate would never occur in American society, where people were calm and rational.

I was brought back to that thought today, when I read this article and really realized how wrong I was.

I'm probably being a drama queen. I think I have a big dark cloud over my head today.

*UPDATE* While we're at it, let's go ahead and add this, this, this and this to my list of why people suck. Anyone with happy news feel free to let me in on it.

No comments: