Monday, November 25, 2002

Who needs actual news, anyway?

Disappointed by the slowness of our government to declare war on Iraq, MSNBC has decided to pretend that they've done it already.

Secaucus, NJ, Nov. 18 — In a unique special event, MSNBC presents “Wargame: Iraq,” a look at how President George Bush and his top advisors might decide to attack Iraq. “Wargame: Iraq,” airing Monday, Nov. 25, 10 p.m.-12 a.m. ET, is an intense, dramatic look at simulated meetings of the National Security Council, enacted by veterans of past administrations and experts in foreign policy, as they decide the parameters for going to war.

Is this news-o-tainment or what? I used to think that MSNBC was slightly more legitimate that Fox News (and admittedly, I was glued to the channel during the 2000 election debacle, and again in the first few days after 9/11/2001) but they have officially fallen off the deep end for me.

Plus, the movie geek in me is irritated that they didn't hire real actors. Imagine the crappy performances these people are likely to give. Ha ha.

I wonder what fake outcome this fake National Security Council will come to. Actually, I don't.

No comments: