Thursday, December 13, 2007

I am an Elmo enabler.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one.
And as I bring her into the living room, she begins to beg for her fix.

"Mell mo? Mell Mo! Mell Mo? Mellll Mooooo?"

"Not yet, baby. Let's have breakfast first."

"MELL MO??" her voice moves up a few octaves and decibels as she begins experiencing withdrawals.
I too am an Elmo enabler. When Elmo is even mentioned in our house, it's like that old stock footage of 60s era teenybopper girls screaming at the airport for the Beatles.

And you know, sure, Elmo is annoying. But it's hard to hate something your kid loves so much.

So, here are my two differing feelings about Elmo. Here he is, being kind of cute and funny, getting Robert DeNiro to explain method acting to him.



Kind of cute, no? "Well, I could be a New York taxi driver, or an out-of-shape boxer, or a cabbage." "Oh, be a cabbage!"

And here, in a frankly disturbing (but disturbingly entertaining) video, some stupid teenage boys set Elmo on fire. Seriously, might not want your young Elmo fan to watch.



Creepy. But oddly cathartic after seeing the "shoes" episode of Elmo's World for the 10,000th time.

No comments: