Thursday, March 27, 2003

A Conversation...

Held last night at local cafe. Paraphrased from the original, but gets gist of it.

man: So, how's your father doing?

me: Well, he's currently working with a local Rabbi to establish a Jewish-Muslim dialogue. They get together once a month and don't fight about anything.

other man: Except for what's on the pizza, right?

me: heh heh

man: You know, I used to work with an Arab person, and I asked him why Arabs hate Jews. He said "Because the Koran tells me to!"

me: Well, you know, it doesn't actually say tha...

man: Yeah, the Koran says they have to hate and kill Christians, too!

me: It doesn't actually say...

other man: It doesn't matter if you're for or against the war, they still think you're an Infidel and they still want to kill you!

man: *laughter*

me: *sigh*

No comments: