Saturday, March 29, 2003

I want to reserve judgement on this, but...

...it's really, really hard to do so. One of the things I've hoped the Bush Administration was right about, now that we have gone to war, is the fact that Iraq is hiding chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons. Not that I wanted those weapons in the hands of Saddam Hussein, but I wanted this war to be for a good reason.

I don't want to say those weapons are not there. But it's getting harder and harder to believe that they are there.

Intelligence officials were convinced they would find the toxin known as ricin, which is deadlier than cyanide, or the apparatus to make chemicals at the facility. In fact, they were so concerned they were planning to attack this facility before the war....Inside, they found mortar shells, medical supplies and grim prison cells but no immediate proof of chemical or biological agents.

I truly hope this war has better results than our previous one (see an earlier rant of mine) and I truly hope that it is indeed for a good reason. Who knows, in the coming weeks, or months, or, god forbid, years, we will find all sorts of weapons capable of "mass destruction" and other such buzzwords. I hope so.

I really don't want another useless war committed in my name.


No comments: