Saturday, April 05, 2003

Let's play a little game...

Who said this?

"We have a president I don't trust, who has proven my reason for not trusting him: He had no plan. We have a civil war that was falsely described as a huge humanitarian problem, when in comparison to other places, it was nothing."

Was it Michael Moore at the Oscars? Was it Peter Arnett on Iraqi television? Was it John Kerry talking about George W. Bush? Was it a Dixie Chick?

Nope, it was Tom DeLay deriding President Clinton during the Kosovo invasion.

What's that you say, a Republican criticizing the President during wartime? They must really hate America!

For more right-wing hypocrisy, read this Salon article about how John Kerry is standing up to convervative attack dogs.

Luckily the decorated Vietnam war veteran is defending himself. ... "I'm not going to let the likes of Tom DeLay question my patriotism, which I fought for and bled for in order to have the right to speak out," .... "The Republicans have tried to make a practice of attacking anybody who speaks out strongly by questioning their patriotism. I refuse to have my patriotism or right to speak out questioned. I fought for and earned the right to express my views in this country." Finally, a Democrat who has the guts to fight back!


Let's hope they all show the same backbone, and we may actually end up with a democratic presidential candidate with a chance of ousting the Boy Emperor from office!

No comments: