Saturday, April 05, 2003

This one hit close to home...

The IDF has shot another non-violent, unarmed protester.

Brian Avery, 24, from Albuquerque, N.M., heard shots fired and came out of his apartment building to investigate just as an armored personnel carrier rounded a corner, said Tobias Karlsson, a fellow activist...."We had our hands up and we were wearing vests that clearly identified us as international workers when they began firing," Tobias said. "Brian was shot in the face, and it looks like he was hit by a heavy caliber bullet because of the extent of the wound."

Brian Avery is exactly my age and from my home town. I wonder if I've ever met him.

My father travelled with members of the ISM on his recent trip through the Occupied Territories. These people are not terrorists. I wonder what ham-handed excuse the IDF will offer up this time.

No comments: